Friday 23 September 2016

An Open Letter To Plateau Youths



I am writing this letter to youths on the Plateau because I am angry with them and how I wish anyone that reads this will forward this letter until all youths on the Plateau read this letter.
I wanted writing this letter sometime last year but I guess procrastination and other school activities deterred me from writing.  
 There are many issues that I will love to address or better still will love to raise about they youths on the Plateau. I am not generalizing these issues on all youths on the Plateau. Pleases don't get me wrong.

I am angry with the youths of Plateau State because they are lazy they will never love to engage themselves in any profitable venture all they want to do is to beg you for money that will be able to buy them one glass of Goskolo or a rap of Indian hem. Even those of them that will get a menial job will only do that job just for them to get money that will be enough for them to drink and smoke for that day. Whenever they are done squandering the money, they come back to look for another job and the circle goes on and on. Funny enough, most of these people who sell this illicit drink are not from Plateau State they are either Igbos or from Southern part of Nigeria. Based on observation, I have observed that those people selling this drinks and drugs don’t smoke or take this illicit drink. If these people selling these drugs are family men or women, I have also noticed that they don’t allow their children to consume this drink. These people are making good money from the stupidity of our youths.
I must commend the administration of the former Governor of Plateau State Sen. Jonah David Jang for putting up effort to bring the consumption of this killer drink to an end in the state. I feel that the effort by the former administration was not good enough to bring an end to the sell and consumption of Goskolo. I believe we they youths on the Plateau did not support Baba on this mission. I feel it is time for we the youths to take the Bull by the horn to see to it that this killer drink disappears from our streets and market. I will also love to use this medium to call on our lawmakers to propose a bill prohibiting the sell and consumption of this drink and anyone found going contrary to this should be punished accordingly.
Another alarming issue that is bothering me is the act of cowardliness by our youths. Do you know why some of us don't blink anymore at the Fulani herdsmen activities and never talk about it? I cannot be crying more than the bereaved. I cringe every time the "bomb goes boom" then I weep for the dead and moved on. The Plateau youths are the blankest people I know. My apologies to the few sensible ones first of all if there are any. Your number is being reduced drastically and under your watch Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen snatched the first and the fourth position as the most deadly terror groups in the world. Everybody call you names. Our daughters and son are being decimated by bombs or killed by Fulani herdsmen. You don't feel ashamed rather you are energized whenever you hear about BIAFRANS’ quest to break away from the shackle called Nigeria (ZOO).
You have never for one day risen in anger against the bastardization of our land. Our land is flowing with blood. Blood that will one day speak against us. We have not asked ourselves, why are we not as fearless as Biafrans who criticize their elders whenever they perceive them placing their interest against interest of their people. We never speak against our so call leaders because we think it is their sole right to be powerful, while we remain impoverished. Our fellow youth lost his life at Gada Biu during the 2015 election because somebody was spraying money from his car, a youth with potential died. Why are we not angry with our leaders? I wonder why we  never protested against injustices, poverty, neglect and senseless deaths in our land rather we are always prompt to  issue out senseless and ridiculous statements against Biafran youths who are simply asking for freedom of one of their own, perceived injustices in their land and the right for self-determination under the international law. We were very angry with Baba’s government especially in the way he handled appointments into key positions in the state but we never protested. We are always quick to login facebook to say all the rubbish in our head but we never staged a protest to SAY NO.
I am not instigating violence but it is time we on the Plateau start protecting ourselves since our security agencies have over time prove to us that the lack the capacity and ability to protect us from attack. Let’s tell them that no one has the monopoly of violence. It is also high time we start holding our leaders accountable but to achieve this feat, we must put aside primordial sentiment and work together to move this state forward.
I always ask myself why should people from other states come to our state and take over jobs that are meant for our people? Each time I find myself at terminus market I try look at the faces of those guys collect task from tricycle riders to see if I can see someone who is an indigene of Plateau State. I took it upon myself to investigate but my findings are not good not. These guys are not from Plateau State and have taken over jobs that are for our youths. Funny enough, money realized by these guys never goes to the purse of the state government.
Finally, we they youths are the future of this great state let’s not allow any Politician or religious deprive us of this promising future. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LETS WORK TOGETHER TO MOVE THIS STATE FORWARD.
GOD BLESS OUR BEAUTIFUL PLATEAU..

KIM MIKE DUNG WRITES FROM JOS NORTH THE PLATEAU STATE CAPITAL..

YOU CAN ALSO WRITE YOUR ARTICLE AND STORIES AND SEND TO US VIA
EMAIL: jtownonline2016@gmail.com


 DON'T FORGET TO ALWAYS DROP YOUR COMMENT(S) AND SUGGESTION(S) IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW. THANKS FOR VISITING. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
 @jtownonline

No comments:

Post a Comment