Wednesday 5 October 2016

An Open Letter To Unijos VC Prof. Maimako

Dear Sir,
I bring you greetings from the beautiful City of Jos. I will like to start by congratulating you for emerging as the new Vice Chancellor of University of Jos. You came out tops against all odds coming from the persons you contested against. Sir you played your cards very well I respect your approach towards academic politics.
I will also love to sympathize with you over the attempt made on your life by unknown gunmen thank God they didn't succeed. As we all know attempts on the lives of public office holders is synonymous to politics in Nigeria. I was not surprise when I heard that there was an attempt on your life this is due to the fact that you contested against very powerful people in the field of academic politics. It is quite
unfortunate that innocent souls of Policemen attached to you were lost. May their innocent soul rest in peace with their maker and may the souls of the people who plotted this attack face torment until their last breath on earth. Sir, I will be raising few issues and  I promise not to make this letter lengthy.

Sir, the rate at which female students are turning into sex object in the hands of male lecturers in the University is alarming and despicable. I know and believe that you are not oblivious of that fact and must have heard of some cases when you were just a lecturer. Now the question is are you doing anything to bring this inhumane act to an end? Some of these female students are now shadows of themselves due to the fact that if they fail to cooporate with these DOGS, their academic will be in imperilment. I know some of these female students and some of them are welling to report but don’t know who to report to. They can’t report to any lecturer within the department because they are colleagues. Sir, I will love to see that you set up a committee that will be saddled with the responsibility of looking into such cases. The committee should provide complaint boxes in all departments within the university so that student can easily reach out to them or better still provide a mobile number that can be used to reach the committee.

Sir, I will love to talk about my post (Read story here)regarding the appointment given to your daughter as a lecturer in the department of Mass Communication. I came under serious attack by friends and my esteem blog readers. Some understood the angle I was coming from while others especially people coming from your side didn’t see reason(s) with me because they allow sentiment to cloud their sense of good judgment and comprehension. Sir, when I got admission, we were meant to believe that when we do well and come out top of our class that the best will be retained after graduation. Based on investigation, I got to find out that your daughter Dongvel didn’t come out top of her class but graduated with a Second Class Upper division (2.1). Now in great consternation I begin to ask myself question on the rationale behind her appointment as a lecturer?  I don’t know  if she read my post on her appointment as a lecturer that her students are complaining bitterly about her lecturing method and I think it is time she “up her game”. I got to see her in person after my exams last week when her student pointed at her. Sir, I hold nothing against you or your daughter Dongvel but I believe that the right thing should be done.

Sir, I am bringing up this issue on behalf of students of the University who are residents of Village Hostel.  The security situation at the hostel is porous and pathetic and calls for urgent attention. God forbid for any attack on the hostel but if that should happen, they attackers will have an easy entrance into the hostel due to its fallen fence. The hostel is also in a deplorable state and it is in need of some renovation work.  

Sir, we are appalled by the growing number of "missing scripts" every semester. Why is this becoming synonymous with the university especially in the Faculty of Social Science and Education? What is responsible for this? Is it negligence on the part of the university (Lecturers)? I have a friend who is spilling because of a missing script which was as a result of careless of lecturers in the university. Rather than compelling students to re-register for such courses by spending unbudgeted sums for what ought to have been solved, we believe that it is the inescapable responsibility of the university to trace such scripts within a reasonable period and grade students accordingly. This is the only way the university can convince us that the issue of "missing scripts" is indeed inadvertent.
Sir, I pray that you will use your good office to look into these issues raise in this letter. I also pray that Almighty God will bless you and protect you as work to make Unijos the best University in Nigeria.
GOD BLESS OUR UNIJOS..
                                                                                                                                                     Yours faithfully
                                                                                                                                                Concerned Josite
    DON'T FORGET TO ALWAYS DROP YOUR COMMENT(S) AND SUGGESTION(S) IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW. THANKS FOR VISITING. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/jtownonline


1 comment:

  1. That is nice... Female harassment by male lecturers must stop..

    ReplyDelete